Friday, August 12, 2016

HIDDEN GEM: SORELLE AND CO. COFFEE, TEA AND CLASS


Hello and welcome to HALECTRONA.

It's so easy to fall into a trap of thinking that you can only find cool places, whether scenic or just cool to hang out at, far from home. I know I do quite often, and I am so wrong.

I have a friend who really enjoys trying new places to grab a bite to eat or a drink. So when a new cafe opened in a plaza near her house she insisted that we had to try it. Of course I went with her because I love tea and treats and her company. In a community that thrives entirely on Tim Hortons and Starbucks, I wasn't expecting much.



Sorelle and Co. is a beautiful cafe built inside an old heritage home. They did an amazing job creating a classy, elegant, shiny and beautiful place. Everything inside felt glamorous. From the sparkling chandeliers to the regal chairs and tables, it was gorgeous. 

The best part about Sorelle and Co.: it's completely gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, preservative-free and vegan. It's unbelievable. They are able to create gorgeous and delicious treats while staying inside some of the most common dietary restrictions.


My friend got the coconut cupcake and cappuccino while I got a blueberry scone and tea. My scone was perfect. It was just the right texture with the right flavour. My friend's cupcake had a mountain of icing that tasted just like buttercream. For a while, I forgot that everything was vegan, it was so hard to tell!

Overall, this cafe has a 5/5 rating. It's only opened a few weeks ago but I can tell it'll be a winner.

If you're interested in visiting Sorelle and Co., the address is 1050 Rutherford Road, Vaughan, Ontario.
Check out their website here: http://sorelleandco.com/

Hillary



No comments:

Post a Comment